A Non- Tax Resident Foreign Spouse may file Annual Individual Income Tax Return separately

2023-07-18 16:06:42

 According to Article 73 of the Taiwan Income Tax Act, if a Taiwanese individual marries a foreign national and the foreign spouse resides in Taiwan for a total of 183 days or more during a tax year, they are regarded as residents of Taiwan for income tax purposes. In such cases, the couple is required to file a joint tax return for their annual comprehensive income. However, if the foreign spouse resides in Taiwan for less than 183 days during a tax year but earns income from sources within Taiwan, they have the option to either file a joint tax return or file an individual income tax return separately.   


Newsletter | Useful Links | Taiwan CPA & Legal Services | Auditing | Corporate Tax Services | Internal Audit Services | China Accounting Practice | Tax Blog
Tel: 886 2 2325 3256 | Fax: 886 2 2325 2065 | Taipei Address: 10F, No 38, Section 2, Dunhua South Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
© Copyright 2024 Good Earth CPA - Taiwan Chartered Accountant - All rights reserved.